The Delete Faces Modifier is a C++ modifier similar to the DeleteMesh modifier in Max except it has several controls and options. Instead of always deleting the incoming mesh at the currently selected sub-object level, it gives you several options for what faces to delete:
- By Selected Faces
- By Selected Vertices
- By Smoothing Groups
- By MaterialIDs
- By Face IDs
- By Polygon IDs
This plugin is available for 3ds Max 2015+.
Note: For 3ds Max 2016, you may need to install Microsoft Visual C++ 2013 Redistributable (x64) from the Microsoft website if it is not already installed.
- Added option to Skip Selected Faces.
- Fixed bug in Use Selected Vertices.
- Fixed faces being skipped when By Polygon is on and the faces in polygon were not planar.
- Added support for Max 2018.
- Fixed some problems with Delete Faces.
- Fixed isolated vertices not being deleted.
- Added button in Custom Attribute to delete the rollout when it persists after the modifier list has been collapsed.
- Added Support for 3ds Max 2015.
- Converted to C++ plugin with speed increases.
- Added new option to choose by smoothing groups based on: Match ANY, Match All or Match None.
- Added option to choose material ID or exlude by material ID.
* Initial Release.
- In 3ds Max 2017+ an object using this modifier is no longer selectable in the viewports. Workarounds include selecting via the Scene Explorer or to add a Vol. Select above the Delete Faces modifier. I am looking into fixing this issue.
|Minimum Version of 3ds Max||3ds Max 2015+|
Delete Faces Modifier
- Brand: Wall Worm
- Product Code: wwDeleteFaces
- Reward Points: 1
- Availability: In Stock
- Price in reward points: 4