This parametric selection modifier for 3ds Max 2015+ allows you to select faces on a mesh without regard to topology changes similar to a Vol. Select Modifier.
Specific attributes by which you can select faces are:
- Selected Faces
- Selected Vertices
- Smoothing Groups (with Options)
- Material IDs (with Options)
- Face IDs
- Random Faces
- Every Nth Face
- Element IDs
- Random Elements
- Every Nth Element
Note: For 3ds Max 2016, you may need to install Microsoft Visual C++ 2013 Redistributable (x64) from the Microsoft website if it is not already installed.
- Parameters cannot be animated in Version 1.0.
- Explicit Normals may not appear correctly at the modifier level but the normals are not lost. To see in viewport, add an Edit Normals modifier above the Select Faces modifier.
- In 3ds Max 2017+ an object using this modifier is no longer selectable in the viewports. Workarounds include selecting via the Scene Explorer or to add a Vol. Select above the Select Faces modifier. I am looking into fixing this issue.
|Minimum Version of 3ds Max||3ds Max 2015+|
Select Faces Modifier
- Brand: Wall Worm
- Product Code: wwmod6
- Reward Points: 1
- Availability: In Stock
- Price in reward points: 5